Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Neighbor's Rolls



My sweet neighbor, Maria Elena, came to my house the other day to teach me how to make these yummy rolls. I thought I would share the recipe.

2 cups water
2 eggs
1/8 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 stick of butter, melted
7 cups flour (HTML is her favorite)
1/8 c. saf instant yeast

Heat water in microwave for 1 minute. Put in blender and add eggs. Mix well. Add sugar, salt and mix. Add butter, 5 cups flour and yeast. Mix well, then add approximately 2 more cups flour (until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl) Let Rise in the mixing bowl, covered with a towel, until it reaches top of bowl.
Shape into rolls and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Let rise until rolls reach the top of pan.
Bake at 300-325 for 20-30 minutes until tops and bottoms are golden brown.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

These look great! I found you on Bakerella.