Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a recipe I've made up. I'm always looking for chocolate chip cookie perfection and this is my attempt at it. I adjust it from time to time, and this is the latest...

1 cube unsalted butter
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups rolled (not quick) oats
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 package butterscotch chips
1/3 cup flour

Cream eggs and peanut butter. Add sugar and mix well on high speed for 1 minute. Add egg and mix well on high speed for 1 minute. mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Add oats, chocolate and butterscotch chips, mixing well after adding each ingredient. Add flour.
I use a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop to shape them. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or longer if you like them less doughy. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Get a glass of milk, and enjoy.

1 comment:

Slesk Family said...

thanks for making them for us while you were at Slesk Acres.
We polished them off pretty fast